Saturday, November 14, 2009

Marathon Weekend

Saturday morning Ronnie ran 26.2 miles in the Richmond marathon. He's such a stud... :) We stayed up in Richmond on Friday night and decided to celebrate with sparkling cider and snowballs. Yummy...

The race started at 8am and even though Ronnie ran the marathon...I felt like I had my own marathon. I was racing from place to place to cheer him on. Phew. I met him at mile 7, 13, and 19. I tried to see him cross the finish line but I didn't quite make it! The traffic around the marathon was impossible to get through so I parked about 1.5 miles away and tried to hurry over there but I missed him by a minute!! O well, he did awesome and finished the marathon in 3hr24min! He was 355 out of 6,000 runners and 51st out of his age group. I'm so proud of him!


Before the race


Pictures: 7th mile, 19th mile, and after the race!

4 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Wow! Way to go Ronnie, that's a REALLY impressive time! Nice work!

Unknown said...

Ronnie = Rockstar!! You guys are great! Miss ya!

Laura said...

Very nice job! I totally admire people who have the desire to do this. I pretty much never will... :) Congrats!

Nikki said...

Ronnie Boy! I like that name!! Way to go, son! Very impressive accomplishment. It's like you to set a goal and forge ahead until it's accomplished! And you had the best cheerleader ever! What an awesome team you make! Congratulations!!!