Thursday, June 17, 2010

Living "Area"

Well I'm finally posting an update on our house. We'll start with the living "area", meaning living room and dining room combined. This room is not complete at all but we're on our way. When we bought the house all the walls were different shades of green (I didn't get the before pic until we were almost done painting the walls). It was not my cup of tea.

Some before shots:



You'll notice the door is still green...



Unpacking:





Some after:





Ronnie's pride and joy...



Things we've done: painted the walls 'Shasta Daisy', painted all the trim white (it was some mucky tan color), painted all doors, switched out all door knobs & hinges, cleaned up fire place and put up new blinds. I also painted the coffee table that my dad and Ronnie made for me.

Things we plan to do: Add something over the couch, switch out fan above table to a light fixture of some sort, my mom is going to recover the pillows to a green pattern, put up a cornice box, get a new end table so the lamp isn't hiding behind the couch, add more decor... I have an idea of how I want it to look...but fresh ideas are always nice. Suggestions welcome!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome stuff! Makes it look like new!

Megan and Taj said...

looks wonderful!! good work!

Butler Family said...

Wow it looks great already!! Good job and congrats again on becoming homeowners. That is amazing

Martinez Family said...

Looks awesome:)

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

looks wonderful! adding some accessories and are will really help finish off the space. check out this budget friendly room from house and home. Seem like it goes along with your style and could give you some great ideas.

http://www.houseandhome.com/blogs/house-home-daily/living-room-building-blocks

notice the light they have hanging...fabulous!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

it was suppose to say "accessories and art"

Chelsea Paxton said...

Heather it looks AMAZING! I wish we were there to help! I love the coffee table and the green lamp...so fun! I am so excited to see it!

Devanie said...

Nice job Heather! I think a coconut bra should be displayed somewhere... haaha, j/k!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.