Monday, April 25, 2016

One Month


Mina is One Month!

In some ways it seems she was born just yesterday and it also seems like its been an eternity. She is such a beautiful baby. Love them cheeks.

 

I'm a little disappointed because her monthly check ups are not on her month birthday since we had to go to the Dr. before and after we flew on the plane. Although, I think she is around 8 lbs.

About Mina:

She loves her brother. Her eyes follow him whenever he is around.
She smiles. Sometimes she has this huge gummy smile that is so adorable.
Loves to look at the baskets on the wall (just like Leo did)
She is strong!
Longest sleep at night was a couple nights ago...5 hours! 
She only cries when she's hungry (Don't get between a girl and her food!), wants you to hold her, or she has gas ;) She doesn't cry as much as Leo did.
Still wears newborn clothes, but I think she'll be in 0-3 in no time.
She flew on a plane, went to a gold rush town in CA, drove around a lot of CA, went to botanical gardens and the zoo and several parks! She's been busy. I guess that's what happens when you have a busy toddler brother that needs to get out!






Leo is giving direction on how to pose.


Selfie.


Just for fun to compare...here is Leo at one month.

You may wonder, How is Leo handling not being the only one...

He is doing really great and is such a good big brother. He helps me get her diapers and makes sure she has a truck to play with in her bath. He alerts me when she is crying. He checks on her for me when she is taking a nap. He even praises me, "Thanks for helping mom!" When she cries, he tells me to make her happy! There are times when he wants to be held and he says, "Put Mina down!" Then if she cries "get Mina!"

Piper has been doing well with her as expected. She realized her boundary of not being able to just lick her face off ;) Although, she seems a little down.  Since we're tired and busy she hasn't been able to spend as much time outdoors but we'll work on that.

How are the parents: TIRED! Definitely a learning curve with two! Although, I feel like the baby stuff is easier, not as freaked out at every little thing. Leo is high energy and a runner which makes going anywhere by myself a bit tricky. So grateful my mom lives close so we can occasionally go somewhere with her! We had our first date night since getting Mina on Saturday and my mom watched them both so that was great.

We are really just loving being a family of four, well five if you count the dog.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So so happy for you! All of the adjustments seem pretty normal to me! :) Keep up the good work!