Saturday, February 11, 2012

2/11

Well today I'm 28. Scary. I feel like time is whizzing by and I'm still standing in the same place! Nothing a good ol' cherry coke can't fix! :)

Today, I decided to do a little project. It always makes you feel a little accomplished. I have a good amount of jewelry so I thought it would be wise to make something that would ease the burden on my poor jewelry box. I just made something super easy and cheap and I didn't want to paint or buy a lot of materials. To start with, I had an old cork board. I went to the fabric store and purchased some linen and some furniture tacks. I basically just wrapped the fabric on the cork board and used a little hot glue and some small nails to secure it on the back. I took some thin twine for the earrings to hang and used the furniture tacks for hanging the other jewelry.




Voila! Super easy! And its nice to have some of your jewelry out so you remember to wear it. Now I just have to get Ronnie to help me hang it :).


5 comments:

Becca said...

Genius!! It looks so nice and not cluttery. Awesome job Heather!! Happy Birthday!!! :)

Lee Harmon Waters said...

It's gorgeous and I probably need to do something just like that for my jewelry! I hope you got my card. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!! Love you lady!

Laura said...

Well Happy Birthday friend! I love your taste in jewelry. :) Very cute and easy!

Nashelle said...

Happy belated birthday, foxy lady! Cute idea with the jewelry...love it! Miss you!

BEN and BRIT said...

I missed your birthday! Hope it was HAPPY! :). I have been wracking my brain about how I can store my jewelry so it won't be stuck in a box or a bag where I can't see it and thus never wear it. This is perfect. Thanks-- i'll have to get my craft on!