Monday, December 28, 2009

(A White) Christmas in Kansas

The entire Slaven family was there for Christmas this year. Including a couple people I had never met before....Jonathan, Ronnie's brother who just returned from a 2 year mission in Russia AND baby Emma, Stephanie and James 1st born, who is a super cutie.

The festivities included...putting up the traditional
massive tree. (literally)



Opening gifts....


























Spending Christmas Eve night with Grandma Pettigrew during a "blizzard". There were some issues getting out of her long driveway.























and spending time with this lil' one. Being an aunt is fun and Ronnie is definitely liking the new title.

And you probably guessed....snow. This was taken ON Christmas...Ronnie wanted to make sure I had a picture of a white Christmas...since I've never had one, well that I can remember. (See previous post to see how I really feel about that...)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Well you had to experience one sometime! Fun stuff!

AG said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy you guys were able to do this!! YAY for being an aunt & uncle - its the coolest! (well at least being an uncle is, I'm sure the aunt part is about the same!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your account of your trip home to Kansas! For Ronnie, at least, this has been typical weather at Christmas time for much of his life! But you sure had a long journey through some very challenging conditions to get here. It was so wonderful to have you both with us at least for a little while. We have memories we shall hold close to our hearts throughout the year. Love you both!!

Nikki said...

Say, those were MY comments I just posted! (Mom, here)! I think Jonathan must have been using my computer! Oh, well, he loves you too!!