Saturday, March 14, 2009

Snow, Spring and the Flu

Well March started off with 7 inches of snow. I haven't seen this much snow since Idaho. I'm not a huge fan of the snow so when it was 75 degrees a week later it made me very happy! This past week has been Ronnie's spring break. I took Monday off of work and we went to the Washington Monument. Neither of us had been to the top of the monument so we figured this would be a good time to go. It was a sunny, 60 degree day. I couldn't believe how windy it was. I guess if its too windy they close the monument. The wind was 25 mph pretty constantly(the guy that worked there told me) but thats not enough for the monument! We went up the elevator, which was a surprisingly quick trip. There were some great views from the top. If you ever want to go there, make sure you order the tickets online first, probably a few days in advance.


I've had the flu for the past couple days...blah. It hit me like a ton of bricks while I was at work on Thursday. The only appt. I could get was at 10:10pm (and we were to be there at 9:10). I didn't see the doctor until 11. Then she tested me for the flu and she called me at 7am on Friday to tell me I had the flu. Hopefully I'll get over it soon. I had the flu around the same time last year. I'm just hoping Ronnie doesn't get it...
So keep yourself healthy! It's going around!

2 comments:

Butler Family said...

Looks like you had alot of fun.I hope you feel better!!

Devanie said...

Sweeeeeetie! I'm sorry you have the FLUzzle! Sam had influenza B- for a week straight and since boys are big babies- he acted like he couldn't do anything for like 5 days after his fever broke! What a silly boy! Anyway- I'm so sorry you're sick- I hope you get better soon!