Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Love these!

Here are a few of the things I've been admiring this month. I can't keep myself away! I've looked at these more than just a few times.

My very good friend, Lee, has the cutest etsy shop. I really love her photography and note cards. Here is one of my favorites. Click the link to see her whole shop. You'll be glad you did.





My favorite dress this year! I'm getting the pink one. Boden has the cutest clothes! http://www.boden.co.uk/





Some of you may know that I love my Southern Living magazine! There are always great recipes I want to try, gardening tips I wish I could use, and pictures of my dream home. A few years back I actually visited one of the houses in South Carolina. Anyways, here is a frosting recipe I want to try. They had about 10 different kinds but I love rasberries.

Prep: 10 min. If you love lots of frosting, double the recipe.
This recipe goes with Basic Layer Cake, Vanilla Cupcakes
Yield
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
Preparation
1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
Note: Be sure to wash and thoroughly dry raspberries before adding to frosting.


A few weeks ago, my friend Danielle posted that she was looking at this crockpot blog. I like to use the crockpot. I checked it out. Love it. Soooo many recipes. I've already tried one and looking forward to trying many more. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! ...and I'm not just referring to your shoutout about my shop :) I had never heard of that clothing company, but I may be obsessed already. Thank you dearest!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

I am glad someone else loves the Crockpot website too! It just makes cooking so easy!

Sydney said...

LOVE those dresses... and looks like you had a great Valentines weekend. Miss you guys!

Erin said...

Thanks for the crockpot site, I'm all about using the crockpot these days. I also like a good Southern Living (my mom gets the magazine so I can catch up when I go home)