Saturday, October 11, 2008

Maized and Cornfused

What a beautiful day! We spent most of the day outside. The morning was started with a bike ride for me and a run for Ronnie (I'm not much of a runner). In the afternoon, we took a drive to Fauquier County (about 25 miles west). We visited a farm that had a corn maze, hay rides, pumpkins and all the other fall goodies. It was our first corn maze and we successfully completed it in about 30 minutes. They said some people took up to two hours and we were convinced that would be us...but we did just fine. After leaving the farm, we took a drive around Middleburg, VA. It's horse country and is well known for their fox hunts. I always love driving around this beautiful area.
Last weekend, we traveled down to Chesapeake and visited my parents. Ronnie had the PRIVILEGE of driving my dad's chevelle. And let me tell you, he was thrilled. My mom made this really yummy lemon cake and the frosting was to die for. I can't wait to make it (although I'm convinced everything is better when mom makes it)! It was great to see the 'rents and I'm glad we live close so we can visit.

Here is a video of my dad's chevelle. Although this isn't Ronnie driving, if you know Ronnie, you know why this appeals to him.

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

Awesome Car. You guys look like you are doing really well. Hope married life is treating you kindly:) You look so beautiful Heather:)