Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh the Savings!!

My couponer friends be proud....

Today, I was e-mailed the Food Lion weekly saver and saw they were having a big BOGO sale.  I realized that I actually use some of those items (which is what usually keeps me from "couponing" I guess). I also realized I had coupons for some of these items...so I went to work. Here is what I ended up with.

2 boxes of Kraft Macoroni & Cheese: BOGO & $.55 Coupon
2 Jars of Miracle Whip: BOGO & 2 $1.00 off Coupons
5 cans of Del Monte vegis: 5/$5 and $1.00 off Coupon
8 cans Progresso Soup: 10/$10 and 2 $1.00/4 cans coupons
6 tubs cream cheese: BOGO and Buy 5 get $5.00 off coupon
6 things of Kraft Cheese: BOGO and Buy 5 get $5.00 off coupon
2 Hillshire Farms sausages: 2 for $6 and $.75 off coupon
2 bags of carrots: BOGO

Before the cashier took the MVP card and coupons it was $73.15. The total afterward was $24.64.
Total Savings: $48.51

Not bad for my first time, eh? Maybe, my couponer friends could have done better...but I'm pretty happy with the results!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Well done! *Sigh*- I need to start doing this...

Emma said...

That it awesome!! I keep saying I'm going to start doing that but haven't yet!! I think you did awesome!!

Butler Family said...

that is awesome. I LOVE couponing. what a rush it is to save so much money. way to go

Erin said...

Nice work! I also used that Kraft 5 for $5 coupon this week, it was a good one. You can never have too much cream cheese :)

Nikki said...

Now I understand why I see you "liking" so many food items on Facebook!