Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Like Him

This is Ronnie at this very minute. He is chatting on the phone on the front porch and I snuck a picture...

Tonight I walked over to Food Lion to grab a few things in case Earl decides to visit us this week.  I was walking back through the parking lot and a big truck was coming at me. In my mind, I'm thinking he obviously has to see me. STOP is painted on the ground. He'll definitely stop. There are other people walking near me so he'll see them too. Well the truck doesn't see me and I run/jump out of the way. A man that was walking near me says, "He almost hit her!" and others are staring at me and mumbling to each other. The man in the truck rolls down his window and says "I'm sorry." He obviously has a hard time driving, talking on the phone, and smoking at the same time.  I mean I was in plain view.

At the time that I am jumping out of the way of the truck I was wondering if I was going to get hit and thinking..what is Ronnie going to think?

When I get home, I tell Ronnie what happened. He says, "You're not allowed to walk over there anymore."

Yeah, he loves me.

Ronnie-Age 2....What a cutie.

9 comments:

Butler Family said...

wow what a scary day!!! Some people just don't ever look for anything and never care to! Glad you are ok and that you can live to see another day

Laura said...

I agree. Don't walk to places where dumb people drive. :)

Becca said...

How scary! Glad you are okay, and have a great husband to tell you not to walk over there anymore. :) Be safe!

Devanie said...

oh HEATHER! You kill me! I'm so glad you weren't hurt! How come crazy things happen to you?! Can you imagine what it would have been like if it was a slanted parking lot with ice all over it? Well, I guess you don't have to imagine that one, right? ;) xoxo
P.S. Never have Ronnie's baby pic be so adorable!!!

Emma said...

aww yeah he loves you. I agree, no more walking over there... atleast not when there are trucks around!

L said...

yeah, he does love you! y'all be some cuuuuteee people. loves it :)

Emily said...

Yikes! Glad you didn't get hit... obviously.. hahaa.

Nikki said...

Wow! What a way to learn what happened to my daughter-in-law! No wonder I pray for you every day!! So glad my son knows how to help protect you! BTW, that was one of my favorite pictures of Ronnie as a child. I think it's the one I accidentally sat on after leaving the studio! It had to be touched up! Short story!! LOL!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.