Sunday, January 17, 2010

Confession...feeling a little sheepish...

When I was a tween, I liked JTT, Devon Sawa and Brad Renfro. You would never know it because I would tear out the pictures from magazines and hide them. I never wanted to show that I actually liked these teen heartthrobs. Yes, I was prideful (and I think it also had to do with my aversion to clutter). When I was a teenager, many of my friends liked Backstreet Boys, Nsync or Hansen. I would never put myself in that category and was very apalled by any screaming or gushing over their cuteness. I may or may not have liked a song or two but that was beside the point. Maybe a little prideful. So in my early twenties, when Harry Potter came out, I was absolutely not going to read them. I'm still not, but I have seen the movies. So I have no excuse for my actions this week. Yes, I read the Twilight Series...for the second time...in one week. I guess I'm letting go of some of my pride. But I most certainly will not be a screaming fan....

4 comments:

Laura said...

Nice! We're all allowed to indulge once in a while. I agree, no need to be dramatic about it though... :)

Becca said...

YEA! You've come to the dark side. ;) I didn't know you were on Goodreads, I will have to find ya on there. Always looking for a good book! :)

Kstp said...

I'll be the screaming fan for you.... ;)

Nashelle said...

LOL! I love you, Heather! It's always nice to hear that another mature adult goes a little "gaga" over Twilight...it can't be helped!