Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stared down

Ronnie and I went to Kansas a couple weeks ago to see April get married. While there, Ronnie of course, wanted to take me around and show me the sites. He drove me around on some "back roads" and we ended up at this little church called "wee kirk". Well the church was in the middle of a pasture. With cows. So we make our way towards the church...through the cow pies. I was a little wary of being inside the fence with the cows in the first place...so when they started running towards us, it kind of freaked me out . I mean they were seriously galloping and frankly I didn't know cows did that. Well anyways, we made it to the little church and it had a little fence around it. The cows just stared. It was weird. Then next thing you know, pretty much all the cows in the pasture were coming up to the fence and staring. We went in the tiny church and signed the guest book and came back out and the cows were still there. I really did not want to leave the safety of the fence. I was tempted to ask Ronnie to drive through the pasture and get me but don't worry I didn't. I just ran as fast as I could towards the car dodging the cow poop. Luckily, when I looked back the cows we're still just staring. Anyways, if Ronnie is trying to get me used to being around cows...poop, etc. it just isn't working.

So. anyways. April's wedding was very nice and I was lucky enough to be one of her bridesmaids. It was just fun to be in the wedding and to see all of Ronnie's family and friends. (I only got made fun of a few times for the cow incident.) I've never been a bridesmaid before or done a rehersal so it was all a learning experience. I don't think I messed anything up too bad. My sister-in-law Stephanie was also a bridesmaid. I got to know her better too. Not to mention, I'm going to be and Aunt! James and Stephanie will be welcoming a little bundle of joy next fall. It was a full few days. It was just a few things shy of being perfect but I really enjoyed my time with Ronnie in Kansas. I wish I had some pictures to put up of April and Mark's wedding but they are all on a CD that won't work in my laptop. Maybe if I can get them to work, I'll put some up later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cows are really cute, but that is weird that they galloped toward you!! That would freak me out tooooo! I am glad you got to be a bridesmaid! You look great in the cow pic, but I am about to call you to investigate a couple of things...

Sydney said...

Oh that story made my day. I would have run for it as well!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

You are so funny. I can totally picture you running and screaming. hahaha. I think I would of done the same thing :)